On the first installment of Voice & Vision’s podcast, Untold Valor, CEO Valerie Melroy will teach you about the organization’s origin, how it led to the founding of CompeerCORPS and a mission to specifically help veterans in the community.
Valerie is joined by co-host Marc Killian and the Director of Compeer and CompeerCORPS, Olga Kobb. Olga describes how their program is designed for veterans to help each other and you’ll also learn why we chose the name Untold Valor for the podcast.
We hope you find this episode’s information helpful as we set the stage for some great interviews to come in future episodes.
Join us today to learn about these things:
· Valerie shares details about Voice & Vision’s origin as they also celebrate their 25th anniversary. She highlights how the peer-to-peer element is at the heart of the organization’s success. (1:50)
· What kinds of stories are you going to hear on Untold Valor? (7:25)
· Olga describes the structure of CompeerCORPS and how the matching service unlocks great stories of veterans helping veterans. (12:32)
· Olga sets the table for what veterans can expect on the show or in any interaction with CompeerCORPS. (15:40)
· What’s behind the name? The crew details how the podcast became “Untold Valor”. (19:00)
Voice & Vision: https://voiceandvisioninc.orginc.org/
Information on how to apply for VA Healthcare Benefits from anywhere in the USA: https://www.va.gov/health-care/how-to-apply/ or call 877-222-8387 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m. EST)
To apply for veteran’s benefits and find resources in Pennsylvania veterans need to contact their County Office of Veterans Affairs as listed in this document: https://www.dmva.pa.gov/veteransaffairs/Documents/Outreach-and-Reintegration/countyprint.pdf
To view more about PA’s resources for veterans: https://www.pa.gov/guides/veterans/
Financial support for Untold Valor is provided by a Veterans’ Trust Fund grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Military and Veterans Affairs.